Kailas
Rajasthan

India

Need some great places to travel alone in North India

I want to travel alone in North India....want to keep my budget to minimum.... local transport must be available.. 

Prasad from India

Hi Kailas: You are actually spoilt for choice in North India for a spiritual experience try Rishikesh or go to Dharamsala if you are more keen on wildlife Corbett and Ranthambore National Park are two of the best National Parks in India.  IF you specify what exactly you have in mind, and from where you will start I can suggest you more choices. 

1. Rishikesh (city)
  2. Dharamsala (city)
  3. Corbett (city)
  4. Ranthambore National Park (park)

Anthony from Vancouver

I have been up to Jammu and Kashmir in 2007 and visited Srinagar and Leh.  Right now (Sept 2014) Srinagar is suffering from heavy monsoon rains and flooding.  Otherwise Srinagar is a very nice place to go and famous for the houseboats on Dal lake (you should be able to get 500 Rupees per night which includes all meals) but make sure you ask around and bargain hard.  You can fly to Srinagar and Leh but it is more adventurous to take the buses and shared taxi.  The most spectacular trips you will ever take will be the shared taxi from Srinagar to Leh and from Leh to Manali which passes over the "Highest Motorable Road in the World" with five mountain passes over 5,000 meters altitude so be careful about altitude sickness.  The Ladakh valley where Leh is located is most famous for Tibetan buddhist temples and lots of Tibetan refugees. When I was there the shared taxi rides were around 8,900 Rupees (US$190) but the prices have probably gone up a bit.  The roads are closed from October to June due to ice and snow though so don't try it during the winter season.

1. Jammu (city)
  2. Kashmir (region)
  3. Srinagar (attraction)
  4. Leh (attraction)
  5. Manali (city)

Abhishek from Jaipur

Well, North India consists of several beautiful spots, attracting anyone easily. There are many eye catching tourist places there in north India some of which are New DelhiTaj Mahal,Varanasi. These are some very beautiful places. A tour package offering to enjoy these places named "Golden Triangle Tour" can be found at my company http://www.indiabydriverandcar.com/package/golden-triangle-tours-india/

Other than this, there are several many other tourist spots in north India.

1. New Delhi (city)
  2. Varanasi (city)
  3. Taj Mahal (attraction)