Abhi
Mumbai

India, Andaman, Sri Lanka, Andaman & Nicobar Islands

Which is the best honeymoon destination from the mentioned options ?

Ok guys, here I am with really serious question which is bothering me from a while.

Where should I spent my first holiday !!!

Believe me this is the toughest question for me..

I am not able to decide the final destination from India, Andaman or Sri Lanka,

I would like to know what is the difference in these three places in terms of places of interest and money point of view,

Please help me out..

Manuri from Los Angeles

I've been to Sri Lanka so may times and will go again anytime.  Worth the flying time.  I highly recommend spending time in the south beaches.  Jetwing Lighthouse going from Colombo to South is a perfect hotel to stay at over looking the ocean.  You feel like you're at a lighthouse.  Magical.  When you get tired of doing beach activities & if you want a different scenery  you can visit the tea mountains in the middle of country, swim under waterfalls, visit a tea plantation to see how tea is made, visit rose gardens, visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage in Pinnawala etc.  Yala National Park has the highest leopard concentration in the world.  There are variety of things to do in Sri Lanka.  Good Luck!

1. Sri Lanka (country)
  2. Colombo (city)
  3. Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage (attraction)
  4. Yala National Park (attraction)
  5. Jetwing Lighthouse (hotel)

Radha from Chandigarh

Go to Andaman & Nicobar Islands!

I have never been to sri lanka though but andaman ...I loved my vacation there

1. Andaman & Nicobar Islands (island)

Rekha from Delhi

All of the three destinations are nice for honeymoon, but the question is when you are planning your honeymoon. Like

Andamanis not suggested if you are planning your honeymoon in during summers or monsoon because of humidity and heat also lack of water activities at that time. 

I have never been to Sri Lanka, but have heard that this country has a mix of culture & nature where you can explore the islands, temples and of course the signs of Ramayanapuram

India is a country where you can visit any time of the year because there are the destinations that can be visited the particular season like:

In summers: You can visit the hill stations of India like UttarakhandUttarakhandHimachal Pradesh, North East India and Kashmiri to beat the heat.

If you are fond of beaches, then head to Goa, one of the most famous beach state that has already grabbed the global attention from past few years.

Or if you want to explore the culture then, choose Rajasthan as it is one of the top cultural hubs of India, which is best to have a glimpse of Indian culture & heritage.

So, now its your choice what are your preferences. :)

1. Andaman (city)
  2. Sri Lanka (country)
  3. Ramayanapuram (city)
  4. Uttarakhand (state)
  5. Himachal Pradesh (state)
  6. Kashmiri (city)
  7. Goa (city)
  8. Rajasthan (region)

Arqam from Colombo

Hi Abhi,

Let me just quote a few people who've travelled to Sri Lanka and share with you what they had to Say! :)

“The finest Island of it’s size, and this is the Island to visit in a Lifetime” Marco Polo

"I was convinced that Ceylon is the cradle of the human race because everyone there looks an original." - George Bernard Shaw

"The island of Ceylon is a small universe; it contains as many variations of culture, scenery, and climate as some countries a dozen times its size. What you get from it depends on what you bring; if you never stray from your hotel bar or the dusty streets of westernized Colombo, you could perish of fulminating boredom in a week, and it would serve you right. But if you are interested in people, history, nature, and art - the things that really matter - you may find, as I have, that a lifetime is not enough." - Sir Arthur C. Clarke (Science fiction Author, Futurist)

You can now choose :-)
and by any chance if you end up picking my amazing Island please do let me know. I'd be more than pleased to show the hidden beauties of this Mysterious & Magical Island :-D

This is my profile on another travel website, Couchsurfing, check it out https://www.couchsurfing.org/profile.html?id=5GVBLEQMA

Would be a treat to have you around. Let me know.

Peace,

Arqam

1. Sri Lanka (country)

Saumyajit from Kolkata

As you are belongs to Mumbai, India, I am suggesting you to visit Andaman as cost point of view.  However, the concern is travel dates as Andaman is good to visit between Sept. to Feb.

You have plenty of flight options but are sure to book the airtkts few months before travel date to get the best fare. (See the cleartrip calendar fare to compare)

Andaman : if you are a real beach lover and love to enjoy some water sports.

Sri Lanka : As it’s a country, one can find different type of destination like Beach, wildlife, City tour, Architecture, etc.

Cost effective:  Obliviously visit Andaman will cost you less than Srilanka.

Cheers!

FTW

1. Mumbai (city)
  2. Andaman (region)
  3. Sri Lanka (country)

chamila from Sri Lanka

if you looking for a great destination you see this link and you'll find few places in this island to spend your vacation with an experience like never before !

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/feb/26/top-10-budget-beach-hotels-guesthouses-sri-lanka

Prasad from India

One word: Kerala

1. Kerala (state)

Avinash from Delhi

When are you planing to go for this trip?

Andaman a good option if your itinerary is in next three months span. Lakshadweep could also be considered depending upon your budget.

1. Andaman (region)
  2. Lakshadweep (island)