Simon
Cologne

India

Weather Conditions in July / Must-see places in Northern India?

I'd like to travel to India in July this year. I already heard that the southern part is not good for traveling during that time of the year due to Monsoon. What about the northern part? I'll stay at least four weeks. I'd like to backpack alone and visit many places....can you recommend any? My basic goal is culture but also nature if possible. I'd be happy about answers of all kind

:-) yours, Simon from Cologne

Prasad from India

Well July is rainy season and totally  a month that decides the luck for an Indian farmer. If the farmer is lucky it will rain heavily ( which I prefer), but you can still come and go to some of the cold deserts in North India like Spiti and Leh where it does not rain much even during July.  Both Leh and Spiti are approachable by road about 12-16 hours by road from Manali the last big town in Himachal Pradesh. Leh also has a good airport with direct flights from Major Indian cities. Both of these are high altitude deserts and accessible during summers easily. Beautiful with heavy Buddhist influence not very expensive . Before heading for hills you can see Delhi, make a short day trip to Taj Mahal about 250 KM by road, or Jaipurbut remember most of North India except for Hills will be extremely hot, humid and with good possibilities of rain. So plan accordingly. Do post a follow up questions if any. Below is a picture of a small village in Spiti to give you some idea about what to expect even in Summer.  

1. Leh (city)
  2. Himachal Pradesh (attraction)
  3. Delhi (attraction)
  4. Jaipur (city)
  5. Taj Mahal (attraction)

Munmun from Darjeeling

There will be bit of rain in North India during July but otherwise it would be pleasant.

Have a safe trip.

Ron 

Siddharth from India

Monsoon sets in entire India by July. If you like to enjoy forest during this season, you can visit Uttarakhand Himachal Pradesh. To witness a rich culture you can visit Rajasthan It is also a good option during this time.

1. Uttarakhand (attraction)
  2. Himachal Pradesh (attraction)
  3. Rajasthan (attraction)

Ramkumar from Kadayanallur

You can consider visiting the Taj Mahal, Agra, Jaipur, Delhi and Ladakh

1. Agra (city)
  2. Jaipur (city)
  3. Delhi (attraction)
  4. Ladakh (attraction)
  5. Taj Mahal (attraction)

Arpit from Jaipur, Rajasthan

You can visit Northern India, there is no heavy rain during that time. also there is no flood kind of situation in northern India. The place you can cover during that time is Delhi - Mandawa -Bikaner - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur- Udaipur - Bundi- Pushkar - Jaipur- Agra -Orchha - Khajuraho- Varanasi - Dehradun - Rishikesh- Haridwar - Delhi. You can do this trip. 

For more information or travel help you can contact me via my webpage www.indijourneys.com 

1. Delhi (attraction)
  2. Mandawa (city)
  3. Bikaner (attraction)
  4. Jaisalmer (attraction)
  5. Jodhpur (city)
  6. Udaipur (city)
  7. Bundi (city)
  8. Pushkar (city)
  9. Jaipur (city)
  10. Agra (city)
  11. Orchha (city)
  12. Khajuraho (city)
  13. Varanasi (city)
  14. Dehradun (city)
  15. Rishikesh (city)
  16. Haridwar (city)