Daniel
Atlanta

Iceland, Reykjavik

Only 1 Day in Reykjavik - IDEAS

I'll only have 24 hours in Iceland and am on a limited budget, but am curious what could be possible to visit in just one day? I definitely want to try to get a taste of the local culture as well as the natural beauty.

Jill from Ottawa

Only one day! Well, there lots to see and do near Reykjavik and if you've only got one day, I recommend touring around the Golden Circle. You can do this one your own if you want to rent a car or sign up for a day tour (I used a wonderful company called Arctic Adventures). Many companies who run tours of the Golden Circle also offer one other activity that you can do too, such as snowmobiling, horseback riding, visiting the Blue Lagoon, rafting, whale watching, etc. I suggest the Golden Circle because you'll get to see three of Iceland's most famous landmarks: GeysirThingvellir National Park and the jaw-dropping Gullfoss waterfalls. Add on an extra activity and you've got a pretty good day planned! You'll definitely get a good introduction to the country. For more info, check out these two articles about Iceland: Top 8 Sites To Explore In Southern Iceland and Adventure Guide to Iceland. Have a great trip!

1. Blue Lagoon (attraction)
  2. Geysir (attraction)
  3. Thingvellir National Park (attraction)
  4. Gullfoss (attraction)