Anthony
Missoula

Iceland

Must do recommendations for Iceland?

My son and I will be in Iceland from July 4 ~ 13. Any recommendations welcome. We like to day hike, see waterfalls, hot springs..... most any outdoor activities we enjoy. Also is it recommended to get a rental car?

Jared from Sydney

There is so much to see and do in Iceland it's hard to answer without writing an essay! Hiring a car is pricey in summer but worth it! It allows you to get out and see the whole island!

Check out my two favourite activities I did when I was there in May:

Snowmobiling on Mýrdalsjökull glacier

Snorkelling in Silfra fissure

Oh! And Jökulsárlón Floating Icebergs, the glacial lagoon in south eastern iceland, is a must see! So beautiful and serene!

1. Jökulsárlón Floating Icebergs (attraction)

I have two blog posts that will give you some ideas.

My Quick Iceland Travel Guide

Adventurous Ideas to go to Iceland

Amanda from Canmore

Hey Anthony,

Iceland is a beautiful country to visit. I was only there for a few days a couple of years ago, but I loved the people, the culture, and the scenery. We stayed in Reykjavik, and toured around from there. I think it would be amazing to hire a car and travel around the country yourself, if possible. While we were there, we did the Golden Circle Tour where we visited Golden Falls, saw a geyser, and walked through where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart. We also visited the Blue Lagoon, which was a highlight while in Iceland. It is pretty expensive to eat and drink in Iceland, but the food and bar scene is a great experience. 

If you want to hear more about my time in Iceland, check out my travel podcast episode on it here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/thewor...  

Cheers & happy travels :)

Amanda