Sunny
Seattle

Iceland

Is the Blue Lagoon worth the price?

I was shocked to find out it is $42 per adult to go to the Blue Lagoon.  It was always on our itinerary but I am now wondering if it is worth it.  Are there other pools less expensive and crowded that would be more worth our time and money? We are two adult traveling with two children age 9 and 11 and will have three days to explore Iceland this April.

I didn't go there, but I've heard that people who do go there are underwhelmed by the price and crowds. I did go to the Myvatn Natural Bath which was cheaper and very laid-back. Perfect for any side trip to the far north!

1. Myvatn Natural Bath (attraction)

Jacqui from London

We went in May 2012. I was also shocked at price but everything is expensive in Iceland- drinks and food are outrageous compared to most big cities in Europe.  

However, if you like spas and you don't mind a few people (I wouldn't say it was overcrowded- much less crowded than baths In Budapest) it was pretty cool. You could spend a few hours there to get moneys worth.  

But if it was a choice of that and the Golden Circle tour to the Gulfoss Waterfall and volcanic pools than I would go with the tour. Enjoy!

Davo from Chicago

I went to the Blue Lagoon. Doing so was my only regret during my 10 days in Iceland. It was nice to warm up for once, but I found the entire experience pretty underwhelming. That said, I'm not much of a spa person. I would've rather spent my morning exploring a lava flow or hiking to a waterfall. Spas aren't really my jam.

1. Blue Lagoon (attraction)