Ashley
Calgary

Iceland

Game of Thrones sites

Maybe on the dorky side, but just wondering if there are any sites that are known Game of Thrones sites we could check out while in Iceland without a tour?

Laurence from United States

I agree some scenes which are shot under the Skaftafell National Park. Being one of my favorite ,I have seen the Game of Thrones minutely.

1. Skaftafell National Park (attraction)

I have a blog post that mentions at least one, which is at Godafoss Waterfall. I've tried to determine what is actually the Fist of First Men, but I haven't found a definite answer. There are some scenes that definitely take place on the glaciers near Skaftafell National Park. I was in Iceland before shooting started for the series, but you can bet someone there is running tours to the scene. By the way, this is what The Wall looks like in summer.

1. Godafoss Waterfall (attraction)
  2. Skaftafell National Park (attraction)