Adrian
Arad

Adrian from Arad asked

Cheap accomodation close to Blue Lagoon.

I want to go with my wife and my child in Iceland for 7 or 8 days. 3 or 4 days, I want to go to Blue Lagoon. I want to know where is best place to stay for a budget travelers.

Iceland   Grindavik (Iceland)   Reykjavik (Iceland)

Kevin from Edmonton

From the way I'm reading the question it sounds like you want to stay at blue lagoon for 3 to 4 days? The Blue Lagoonis a spa and hot springs. Reykjavik is a 45 min drive away from the blue lagoon. There is a town Grindavik that is closer to Blue Lagoon. you can take a tour bus to the destination. You can also rent a car which is the easiest way to get around Iceland, and cheaper than taking the tour buses. I know some roads are restricted so be sure to check you can drive a passenger car to all the locations you are wanting to go to before deciding to rent a car.

1. Blue Lagoon (attraction)
  2. Reykjavik (city)
  3. Grindavik (city)
Jenn from Arlington (Virginia)

Hi Adrian- I recently stayed in an apartment in Reykjavik through the website www.airbnb.com.  The apartment we rented was for 6 people so that is much larger than your family needs, but I highly recommend airbnb.com in general for budget travel.  You can find a wide range apartments that are often cheaper than hotels. Reykjavik is pretty expensive, so it is nice to have a place with a kitchen where you can prepare some of your own meals. Bonus is one of the cheaper supermarkets.  A few other Iceland recommendations-  The Deli is a great pizza, pasta and sandwich shop that is more affordable. The address is Bankastræti 14.  I also recommend the flea market for purchasing woolen goods - Kolaportið Flea Market is the name, it's in a warehouse near the harbour. 

1. Reykjavik (city)
  2. The Deli (restaurant)
  3. Kolaportið Flea Market (attraction)

Login   ·   About   ·   FAQ   ·   Contact   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms