Natalie
Gilroy

Ibiza, Barcelona, Spain

Young Backpacking Couple wondering where to stay in Ibiza and Barcelona?

My boyfriend and I are going to be traveling to Barcelona and Ibiza this July. We will be in Barcelona for 4 days, and Ibiza for a week. We are both very into architecture, beaches, outdoor adventures, and a fun night life. Ideally we would stay somewhere romantic for us to celebrate our two year anniversary. We are both in our early twenties. We are planning on renting a car in Ibiza. We are looking for budget friendly accommodations. Ideally we would want to spend less than $100 dollars a night. However if it is really worth it--perhaps we might spend a little more. Where would be the best places for us to stay in these locations?

Erin from Morristown, Nj

Hi Natalie,

I was in Barcelona for 3 days during my honeymoon and we were looking for the same thing, something nice/romantic, but affordable. We ended up staying in a hostel called Hostal Mare Nostrum. It was recently updated, we had a private room with a bathroom, and they have a pretty good breakfast each morning. I think it was around $100/night. It was right on La Ramblas so we were close to transportation, bars, restaurants, and a lot of other great things. 

Hope that helps, happy travels!

Erin

1. Barcelona (city)
  2. Hostal Mare Nostrum (hotel)

Jenny from New Jersey

In Barcelona stay near Hotel Catalonia Square off the ramblas. Great shopping restaurants and you can walk to the beach areas. It is a touristy area but everything is right there. Also make sure to check the areas holidays as everything shuts down and there are a lot of these small bank holidays in the summer. 

Have a blast! 

1. Barcelona (city)
  2. Hotel Catalonia Square (hotel)

Melissa from Massachusetts

Hi Natalie - my husband and I were just in Barcelona for part of our honeymoon in November, and we booked all of our accommodations through AirBnB. We were able to have a cute apartment all to ourselves, in a great neighborhood, for a really reasonable price. I'd recommend checking it out! Good luck!

Isabele from Ibiza

Hey Natallie, I went to Barcelona a lot of time and the best place to stay there is Las Ramblas, Plaça de Catalunya, Plaça de Espanya, PAseo de Gracia or Gotic Area, all of this area is in Downtown and you can go walking to everywhere or to take a metro to diferent ways. One of the best and cheapest way to host there is renting an apartment for two, you can find good options in Airbnb, or also in a HOstal but not sharing room and bathroom, some hostel offer double room and its cheaper than a hotel. One good hostal is Free Hostel.

In Ibiza, depending of the day you go, it´s more expensive. If you go to rent a car is better for you look for a place to stay in Santa Eulália or San Joseph, because it's for about 20 min by car to Eivissa and is closer to the best beachs there. If you want a beautifull and good place to stay, don't go to San Antonio, because it's a lot of drunked guys, secial July and August.

I hope you enjoy there.