Lucy

Ibiza

What's the best way to get around Ibiza?

I don't drive, and am travelling to Ibiza for just over a week at the end of May. Is it best to get buses, taxis or something else to get around the island? (Several transfers of 10-40 minutes). 

Has anyone ever used a private driver or chauffeuring service on the island to get around, for several journeys on one trip?

Thanks in advance!

Saevar from Hesperia

If you are there to party, - DO NOT RENT A CAR. Period! However you can avail yourself of the bus that is there to keep drunks off the road. Bear in mind that drink driving is a big problem on Ibiza. This bus is called the Disco Bus and it is specifically for drunk revelers. Have a blast!

Stan

There is a bus system, available in Ibiza. However, it is much more convenient to rent a car.

Driving in Ibiza is really joyful - roads are great and the landscapes are astonishing.

You can find a companion who can drive in order to get around with comfort.

Also, car rental in Ibiza is relatively cheap, especially in autumn.

Yoav from Belgium

Unlike Talia, I do have experience with private chauffeur in Europe. For me, it was the easiest way to get around the city without worrying about transportation. I would recommend Drivya, the chauffeur-driven company who organised my trip. 

Of course, if you are brave enough, public transportation is great way for visiting the city. Have a nice voyage :)

Talia from Boston

I didn't have a private chauffeur but I did rely heavily on the bus system in Ibiza and didn't run into any problems. They run early in the morning until 10pm and then hotel buses take over in the later hours of the night/early morning. 

Taxis are a good way to get around to, i was just advised to only take a taxis if I was in a group since it can get a little expensive. 

1. Ibiza (attraction)