Leslie
Belfast

Hyderabad

Where are the best bazaars in Hyderabad?

I’ll be in Hyderabad for just two days next January and I’d like to check out the local bazaars and maybe pick up a few unique gifts. Can anyone tell me the best ones to check out? I’ve heard there are a lot of them. I’m interested in traditional Indian goods and crafts, not things I can get back home. 

Prasad from India

The best Bazaar of Hyderabad is The Ramazan Night Bazaar (check out my blog post), as it is only during Ramazan so you will miss it.But don't worry, when you visit Charminar in the old city, just walk upto Laad Bazaar the best market in South India for bangles, pearls, and other unique items like handicrafts, etc. Do remember to bargain a lot

1. Ramazan Night Bazaar (attraction)
  2. Charminar (attraction)
  3. Laad Bazaar (attraction)

ravi from Hyderabad

Just check out Lad Bazaar in Charminar .You will get traditional Indian crafts and also pearls.

1. Lad Bazaar (attraction)
  2. Charminar (attraction)

Aniket from Pune

Hi Leslie,

I'd recommend you the bazaar at Charminar. You can find bangles, fragrances and more unique at items at the small shops over there. I have frequented this place, and I think this is what you are looking for.

1. Charminar (attraction)

Deepti from Manchester (Connecticut)

Hi Leslie

If you're having a short trip, then few places you can get most of the crafts is

1. Lepakshi Handicrafts Emporium

2. Shilparamam

3. Kalanjali

Lepakshi & Kalanjali are stores and shilparamam is an open-area exhibition with lot of small kiosks having arts & crafts from different parts of India.

for an elaborate market experience, definitely try Charminar area (the lanes around it) and Begum Bazaar

1. Lepakshi Handicrafts Emporium (attraction)
  2. Shilparamam (attraction)
  3. Kalanjali (attraction)
  4. Charminar (attraction)
  5. Begum Bazaar (attraction)

Jayanth

The best area for you to go for a bazaar is an area called 'Shilparamam' it is like an exhibition center, where a lot of traders come and hawk their wares. For a more traditional experience, i'd recommend going to the 'Charminar' area, where everything from jewelry, household appliances, to traditional perfume, and spices are sold. It is the ancient city center of Hyderabad, and still has a very distinctive feel to it. If in doubt, do let me know, and i'd be glad to assist you further in drafting up an itinerary. 

1. Shilparamam (attraction)
  2. Charminar (attraction)

Pavan from Hyderabad

Begum Bazaar, Sultan Bazaar are some of the famous bazaars in Hyderabad

1. Begum Bazaar (attraction)
  2. Sultan Bazaar (attraction)

Nandini from Kolkata

I would look in Koti

1. Koti (attraction)

mohammed from Dharmavar

Chor bazaar in Hyderabad

1. Hyderabad (city)

Krishnaswamy from Hyderabad

Hyderabad is known for some of its exquisite work in Bangles and Bidri Work. Lad Bazar near Charminar is great place to shop for Bangles.

If there is a dearth of free time, then you can do Craft shopping in Shilparamam. You will find most of your needs addressed.

1. Charminar (attraction)
  2. Shilparamam (attraction)