Taking a 3-day road trip around the Hudson Valley in New York in early June with my husband. Renting a car from Laguardia airport and making our way all the way up to Hudson and back. Looking for interesting sights, restaurants, bars, etc. along the way!
The first way I would look at it is to divide the trip into up on one side of the river and then back down on the other.
Some of our favorite sites on the road trip where:
1) A walk through Sleepy Hollow Cemetery
2) A visit to Kykuit, the Rockefeller Estate
3) Stopping off at Croton Gorge Park to see Croton Damn
4) A surprisingly interesting visit to Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum
Two of Our Favorites places to get food where:
1) Strawberry Place , particularly for breakfast.
2) Rossi Rosticceria Deli made a mean sandwich, but the line can be long, yet it moved fairly fast.
Mentioned in this answer: