Debbie from San Francisco asked

How has Trippy helped with your travels?

As a Community Manager here at Trippy, I never tire of hearing about how Trippy has helped our members on their travels! Instead of having these great stories just sit in my inbox, I would love for you to share your stories here for the entire community to see.  

Have you had a Thank You, Trippy moment on a trip? What restaurants, attractions and hotels have Trippy members helped you find? What tips or new places did you discover because of Trippy?

Looking forward to reading your Trippy stories and seeing your photos! :)

Serena from San Francisco

I'd love to share with everyone how the Trippy community helped me during my travels!

A few months ago, I was in Seattle for a quick weekday trip. I tend to plan my travels around food since I truly believe that discovering a city through its culinary delights is one of the best ways to get to know a place.

I was completely unfamiliar with Seattle, I knew very little about the city and wasn’t really sure where to begin. Exhausted with the thought of spending hours researching where to go and what to eat (like I usually do), I turned to Trippy and asked for some good dining recommendations for a solo traveler and I was not disappointed! The answers I received were phenomenal! I found hidden gems I never would have stumbled upon, went on a food tour, stuffed my face with the best donuts I’ve ever had, and, quite literally, ate my way through Seattle. It was fabulous, and I owe it all to Trippy.

Thanks to the advice from Trippy user Anthony Gamell,  I started off with a food tour, booked through Savor Seattle. This was the perfect way to familiarize myself with the world-famous Pike Place Market. It included stops (and bites!) at 16 market hotspots, and it was worth every penny.

A lot of food trends come and go, but I’ve been on the donut bandwagon for years. I heard that Seattle could give San Francisco a run for its money when it came to this lovely hole shaped pastry, so after quite a few Trippy members told me to check out Top Pot Doughnuts and Daily Dozen Donut Co, I  knew I was on my way to donut bliss. Top Pot was quite good, but Daily Dozen blew me away! These mini donuts were bite size balls of pure delight.

Not one to pass up a good food truck, when Tony Wright suggested I take the water taxi to West Seattle and check out the brick and mortar version of Marination, declared “Best Food Truck in America” by GMA, I couldn’t resist. The skyline views would have been worth it alone, but the food… oh the food. I had short rib tacos and pork sliders and they might have been the best sliders I’ve ever had. AND they even have hawaiian shaved ice filled with booze. Yes, boozy sweet hawaiian shaved ice. You win, Marination Ma Kai. You win.

Reza Pazooki gave me great advice to check out Shiro's and Mistral Kitchen, both of which did not disappoint.

The highlight of my Seattle Culinary adventure rests with Le Pichet. Alissa Vaughn said that Le Pichet was the perfect place to grab a bite and a glass of wine. I decided to swing by for a quick lunch before my flight back to San Francisco, and suddenly I found myself transported from the rainy streets of Seattle to a cafe in Paris. The menu was simple but superb, and my “quick bite” turned into a half carafe of vino, an octopus salad, and a large array of various charcuterie, pâtés, and cheeses. Needless to say, I devoured every single bite.

My Seattle trip was one of the best dining experiences I’ve ever had, and I can honestly say I owe all of it to Trippy. Thank you Trippy!

Thanks for sharing, Serena! So glad to hear that you had a good time in Seattle and that you were able to hit up all these spots that other Trippy folks suggested :)

1. Seattle (city)
  2. Pike Place Market (attraction)
  3. Top Pot Doughnuts (restaurant)
  4. Daily Dozen Donut Co (restaurant)
  5. Marination Ma Kai (restaurant)
  6. Shiro's (restaurant)
  7. Mistral Kitchen (restaurant)
  8. Le Pichet (restaurant)