Rubecca asked

Landmarks

I am traveling to Houston TX from Kansas City KS. Business trip to pick up a vehicle and bring back. There will be 2 of us (adults). Although this is business; since I will be driving, i want to be able to sight see and see what my "road trip" has to offer for me to see.
I can vear off main highways to see stuff. But this is only going to be like 2-3 day total time round trip.
I know everything costs money in this world, but I would like to keep it as cheap as possible.
Thanks.
Places - Oklahoma/ Arkansas/ Texas/ Missouri

Houston (Texas) Kansas City (Kansas)

Katherine

Two thoughts:  

A quick detour off of I-45 in Corsicana is Collin Street Bakery.  Menu with a good variety of food as well as all kinds of bakery goodies.  Love the peanut brittle.  

More of a detour - about an hour east of Dallas is Canton.  Depending upon the dates of your travel, their First Monday Flea market is a massive event where you are bound to find many treasures.