Michelle
Boracay Island

Honolulu

Where do I find the best loco moco and shaved ice in Honolulu?

I'm going to visit my auntie and cousins in Honolulu and I want to try the best moco loco and shaved ice!

Peter from Los Angeles

I'm more into shaved snow than shaved ice but  Ice Forest in the downtown area had the best shaved ice. Not so much because of the ice part but because of the custard and mochi they put on top. It really was the best custard I've ever had, definitely recommend it.

It's not in Honolulu but my favorite loco moco was out in Kailua at  Cinnamon's Restaurant. The gravy they throw on top is amazing.

1. Ice Forest (restaurant)
  2. Cinnamon's Restaurant (restaurant)

Sunil from Mountain View

Rainbow Drive-In is the place in Honolulu to get the loco moco. Considered one of the best.  

My favorite place, though, is a very touristy suggestion, but a solid one -- Liliha Bakery.  They're world famous for their "coco puffs", so you definitely need to go there for that, and they just so happen to have one of the best loco mocos I've ever had.  

For shaved ice, I went Waiola Bakery and Shave Ice.

And Shimazu Store.  They're both vey well-known for their shaved ice and my fiancee and I loved both.

If you go to Liliha, go to Shimazu after because it's close.  Likewise with Rainbow Drive-In and Waiola.

Have a loco moco and some shaved ice for me!

1. Rainbow Drive-In (restaurant)
  2. Liliha Bakery (restaurant)
  3. Waiola Bakery and Shave Ice (restaurant)
  4. Shimazu Store (restaurant)

Joanne

Best shave ice is Waiola - numerous locations.  Try the Waiola Shave Ice on Mokihana off Kapahulu.  Save your gas money from not having to go the north shore and buy more shave ice.

1. Waiola Shave Ice (attraction)