• Pam Cole
  • "Is the Groupon 3-Day Island card a good deal?"

Pam Cole

Overland Park, Kansas

Is the Groupon 3-Day Island card a good deal?

Traveling with my husband for a week stay. We've been there before and seem to spend a lot of time trying to figure out what to see and do. Is the Groupon worth it?

• Annalisa Unbedacht

Pam,

I was a tour and activity concierge in Waikiki for a few years. I've sold the Go Oahu card a lot, and many people have loved it. But it's not for everyone. The card is essentially your pass to all of the most touristy (cheesy, highly profitable) activities on the island. If you're super into closely guided big group tours and super family friendly outings (like visiting Sea Life Park and taking the kids to a big luau) then yes it's a great deal.

But if you'd rather experience the real Hawaii (go on a waterfall hike, eat at cool local spots, hang out at beaches away from the crowd, snorkel on your own, rent a car and drive around the island, attend a locally owned luau, etc) then most of the activities on the card aren't for you.

So all in all, it depends on what type of tourist you are and how you want to experience the island as a whole. Another thing is, you can get great deals on activities and island tours in Waikiki without the card (small locally owned companies are more fun to tour with than the the big companies that Go card books with). But instead of just picking out activities for the day as you would with the card, it would take a bit more effort to book each individual tour once you arrive in Waikiki. I'd say, it's worth it to book individual tours and avoid those big companies that the Go card uses. Hope this helps! Sorry for bad grammar, I just woke up. Aloha!

• ·
    • ·

Send Annalisa a Thank You Note