Elizabeth
North Carolina

Elizabeth from North Carolina asked

Affordable restaurants

I will be in Hong Kong for 3 days. Can anyone suggest restaurants that are special yet affordable? They don't have to be cheap, but something that is not priced for rich travelers. Thanks so much!!

Hong Kong Island

I had perhaps one of the best meals of my life in Hong Kong. The place is called Man Mo Café. They only serve dumplings (or, at least, mostly dumplings) but they are so incredible you will be talking about them for the next few years. I'm serious--one of the best meals I've ever had and not astronomical. It's on Cat Street which is a street where you can buy souvenirs but I would recommend going one street up to Hollywood Rd for some more sophisticated shopping. 

I would also try Foxglove. It's a speakeasy with a great atmosphere. Slightly more on the more expensive side but not horrible and the food is fabulous. We shared something called the "truffle bikini" which is basically a truffle sandwich and it was beyond great. In fact, we ordered a second one! 

Elizabeth
Wow. Sounds awesome. I will definitely look for both of them. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Courtney
Great! If you can only go to one, make it Man Mo's. I'm telling you, it was one of the best meals of my life and I was there with a friend who is a SERIOUS foodie and she said the same thing.

Elizabeth
Thanks so much. We are in the car on the way to the airport in Charlotte NC. Your answer has me excited !Thanks SO much! Also, do you know of any neat boutiques for women's clothes, specialty shops, boutiques that are not extremely expensive. We have heard over and over how expensive Hong Kong is. Thanks again.

Courtney
Hmmm, I didn't do a ton of clothes shopping there but you might want to try a store called "Goods of Desire". They have a few cute things. Also, definitely check out a place called PMQ. It's the old police headquarters and they've converted it to one-of-a-kind shops. Really cute! Here's their website: http://www.pmq.org.hk/ The whole area around there has cute boutiques, too!

1. Man Mo Café (restaurant)
  2. Hollywood Rd (attraction)
  3. Foxglove (restaurant)
Hung

you can try 蘭芳園Lan Fong Yuen  restaurant which is placed lan fong yen street and inside small market with very shoes

1. 蘭芳園Lan Fong Yuen (restaurant)
Jacqueline from Hong Kong

In Central area's Wellington Street  you can find a lot of good food, ranging from local stuff to affordable cafes and health food shops, tacos etc. I love Wong Fu beijing dumplings, and also Wah Fung Hong (HK) Co. does delicious Cantonese style barbecued meat with rice. Also there are speciality Cantonese wonton shops or if you want a taco you can get it at Cali-Mex too, and a French cafe called Passion by Gerard Dubois, or Japanese ramen, Vietnamese food, or Macau style mixed noodles all on the same street! The Cupping Room - Sheung Wan as great coffee!

1. Wellington Street (attraction)
  2. Wong Fu (restaurant)
  3. Wah Fung Hong (HK) Co. (attraction)
  4. Cali-Mex (restaurant)
  5. Passion by Gerard Dubois (restaurant)
  6. The Cupping Room - Sheung Wan (restaurant)