Lindsay

Hong Kong, China

First trip to Hong Kong, what are the best restaurants I shouldn't miss?

I will be heading to Hong Kong in the later part of summer. What are traditional Chinese meals I need to try and the best restaurants I can't miss?

Alejandro from Singapore

Go to Kau Kee Restaurant for the best brisket noodles you can have.

1. Kau Kee Restaurant (attraction)

Dada from Hong Kong

Go to "Ding Dim 1968  in Central, I've recommended all my visiting friends who want the "taste of canton", they never disappoint.

1. Ding Dim 1968 (restaurant)

Vicky from Los Angeles

You must try Dim Sum for breakfast or brunch when in Hong Kong! 

A must try is the Michelin-starred Tim Ho Wan (it's the cheapest, perhaps most casual Michelin starred restaurant!) There are a few locations, the original being the one in Sham Shui Po. The one in Central is most convenient.

My favorite is the traditional trolley-style Maxim's Palace Chinese Restaurant at City Hall in Central. You pick what you like from the trolleys. Fun! 

These places get really full as soon as lunch hour starts so get there early. 

1. Tim Ho Wan (restaurant)
  2. Maxim's Palace Chinese Restaurant (restaurant)

Nick from Minneapolis

Ebeneezer's Kebabs & Pizzeria has gyros and is a chain throughout the city. Excellent. 

The Flying Pan has great western breakfast food. There's one in Wan Chai, one in Lan Kuai Fang. 

Lots of great, divey Chinese, Thai, and Indian places in Kowloon. Mong Kok or TST (Tsim Sha Tsui) are good choices. You can find Dim Sum (a traditional Cantonese food here, or anywhere, really). 

Knutsford Terrace in TST has an awesome Turkish restaurant with belly dancers and good food. Knutsford Terrace is a nice area with a good atmosphere, although some places can be a bit expensive in my opinion.

1. Ebeneezer's Kebabs & Pizzeria (restaurant)
  2. The Flying Pan (restaurant)
  3. Kowloon (region)
  4. Mong Kok (city)
  5. Tsim Sha Tsui (neighborhood)
  6. Knutsford Terrace (attraction)

Elaine from China

You can try shortcrust pastry, which is offered in a lot of restaurants in Hong Kong.

1. Hong Kong (city)

Megan from Liverpool

Modern toilet is an experience, not the nicest food but a good laugh!!

Kaffy

you could go to openrice.com to find out more and pick one you like, it's a local yelp