Avery
Berkeley

Hong Kong

Best dim sum in Hong Kong

I'll be in Hong Kong for 3 days and I'd like to get as much a fill of dim sum as I can.  I'll be staying in Kowloon, but am open to going anywhere else (will travel for dim sum!). 

Not sure if this matters since all the dim sum places that I've been to in China have been very family-friendly, but my husband and I will be bringing our three kids.

One of my favorites is part of a chain, but it's really nice -- Super Star Seafood Restaurant.  Weddings are often held there and the dim sum in the morning/afternoons are so good!  They have locations all over Hong Kong and I tagged the Tsim Sha Tsui/Kowloon location because it's closest to you.  I see that you live in the East Bay, so I would compare it to something like Asian Pearl out here.

If you want an even more fancy atmosphere, Loong Yat Heen 龍逸軒 is nice with very good dim sum.  It's inside of the Kowloon Hotel.

One really famous one that's a Michelin star place that I've been wanting to try is Tim Ho Wan.  It's apparently very good and cheap with a very long line.  Not sure how patient your kids are, but this place sounds like it would be worth the wait.

Have fun in HK! :)

1. Super Star Seafood Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Tim Ho Wan (restaurant)
  3. Loong Yat Heen 龍逸軒 (restaurant)

Dada from Hong Kong

You have to check out Ding Dim 1968 in Central on HK Island! it's not in Kowloon but I see you're willing to travel for the best dim sum, they're family-friendly as well. 

1. Ding Dim 1968 (restaurant)

gigi from Hong Kong

my favourite ones are 

1. Tsui Hang Village 翠亨邨(http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=135189&tc=sr1)

this one is definitely on the top of my list

the dim sum is really delicate and delicious!

2.  Lei Garden Restaurant(http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr1.htm?tc=sr1quick&s=1&region=0&inputstrwhat=lei+garden&inputstrwhere=

its a chain too, but it still tastes good!

3. Lin Heung Tea House (http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=1868&tc=sr1)

this one does not only look very traditional on the outside, but also the food! it would be quite an experience to go there

but might be a bit crowded if you go on weekends with kids, as you have to find your own seat and "fight" for the food

all of these are located in the centre of the city, so should be very convenient for other sightseeing, shopping or some other food!

1. Tsui Hang Village 翠亨邨 (restaurant)
  2. Lei Garden Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Lin Heung Tea House (restaurant)