Veronica

Hong Kong

Amazing hikes in Hong Kong

I've heard there's some amazing hiking in the hills around HK, any specific trails or views we should trek to? We'll be there next week!

David from London

There are far more than you expect.   Have a search for Dragon's Back on Hong Kong Island

Or catch the ferry to Lamma Island.  You can walk across the island and the have a meal at one of the  fish restaurant on the other side.  They all run boats back to the island.

Do have a trip on the Star Ferry for me.

1. Dragon's Back (attraction)
  2. Lamma Island (island)

Martin from San Diego

Check out the Tian Tan Buddha. Many many steps, but beautiful views. Totally worth it.

1. Tian Tan Buddha (attraction)

Dave from Cork

Go to Peak Road (funicular tram from Peak Tram), enjoy the view of the pollution from high up, then follow Lugard Road around Mount Davis which will give you views over Victoria HarbourLamma Island, and Aberdeen Harbor.  There should be signs to Lugard Road from the Peak Viewing point. It's a nice short hike, not too strenuous.

I believe you can hike down to Aberdeen from there, if you feel like more exercise.

1. Peak Road (metro area)
  2. Peak Tram (attraction)
  3. Lugard Road (attraction)
  4. Mount Davis (attraction)
  5. Victoria Harbour (attraction)
  6. Lamma Island (island)
  7. Aberdeen Harbor (attraction)

Kit from Hong Kong

For me, Sunset Peak is one of the most beautiful hiking trails in Hong Kong, it is in Lantau Island, it's beautiful, but it's a difficult one.

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/nz/see-do/great-outdoors/hikes/sunset-peak.jsp

1. Sunset Peak (attraction)

Sarah from Global Gypsy

The absolute BEST one is quite hidden, but well worth the adventure. It's called Ping Nam Stream. I did a whole post on how to get there here: http://www.coffeewithasliceoflife.com/2015/07/02/the-most-beautiful-place-in-hong-kong/

1. Ping Nam Stream (attraction)