Nikolaj
Copenhagen

Ho Chi Minh City

The nice areas of Ho Chi Minh/Saigon

We're ending three weeks of vacation in Southern Vietnam with three nights in Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon. What are the great areas of town to roam if one wants to see both old and new?

There is not much in the way of an old part of the vity in Ho Chi Minh City. It's more in Hanoi that you have that.

I would recommend staying in district 1, as this is where you have the most action and the most places to go out and eat and it's also where the big markets are.

1. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
  2. Hanoi (city)

Laura from Buenos Aires

Hi Nikolaj, I'd stay near the Saigon Opera House. It's near District 1 but is a bit quieter. 

1. Saigon Opera House (attraction)
  2. District 1 (attraction)

Thanh Tuấn

If you plan to travel to Vietnam, I recommend you should spend couple days in Saigon, also known as Ho Chi Minh City. There are many interesting places that you can experience in Saigon. For example enjoy a sunset cruise on Saigon River, spend haft day in Cu Chi Tunnels or visit Mekong Delta. You can go there by bus but it will be crowded and exhausted because of traffic jam. Thus you should try travel there by speedboat. There are many companies offer this types of services, among them I think Les Rives is the best company. You can view their website:  https://lesrivesexperience.com

I stayed at the An An Hotel. It was a great place to get out walking - which is how I usually find the interesting stuff in any city.

1. An An Hotel (hotel)

Teddy from New City, New York

In Ho Chi Min city . district 1 is a best choice :) It's a great place . You can book room in there.