Mike
North Carolina

Mike from North Carolina asked

Active things to do within an hour of Hemet, CA in early November

I'll be in Hemet, CA for about a week at the beginning of November. Any tips for cool things to check out while I'm on town? I need something for my wife and I to do within about an hour's drive. If it's family friendly I'd also like to bring along an 18 month old child.

Outdoors-ie type stuff is good, hiking trails, zoos, or weird landmarks. Great views of the southern California landscape would also be good. Anything quirky and off-the-beaten-path! Oh and great local places to get some grub are always appreciated.

Hemet (California)

John from Carlsbad (California)

There is great hiking in the mountains above Hemet at Idyllwild,which is about 40 minutes away.  It's a nice village with some artsy shops and the area has good hiking trails.  The best place to eat up there is Cafe Aroma.  

You can get out to the Palm Springs area in about an hour.  The desert is nice this time of year and you'll see all the windmills on the way.

If you stretch it to 1.5 hours, you can get to the beach cities, like Carlsbad (California)
Or Oceanside (California)Or Laguna Beach.

1. Hemet (city)
  2. Idyllwild (city)
  3. Cafe Aroma (restaurant)
  4. Palm Springs (city)
  5. Carlsbad (California) (city)
  6. Oceanside (California) (city)
  7. Laguna Beach (city)