Lise
Huntsville

Lise from Huntsville asked

where to snorkel

I am looking at going to Hawaii next yr (2021) and have read numerous answers on here from various travelers. Have never been there but want to know if it is worth the long flight from the south (Ala) as I have been told there are closer places to go as far as beautiful beaches.. Would like to know if there are cheaper months to go as far as the crowds or is it crowded year round. My main reason to go is to snorkel and see some beautiful scenery. Have read Kauai seems to be the prettiest as far as nature but does it have good snorkeling? Would like to see another island while there. Also would like to see some whales if possible. Enjoy hiking too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance to all you travelers.

Hawaii (HI)

Nancy

Maui has great snokeling; Kapalua Bay is sheltered and often not too much wave action.

The Fall is good; less crowded and the rainy season usually starts around early December.

Kauai is my favorite (I'm a Travel Consultant specializing in Hawaii for 30 years)  It's not as commerialized, very lush green and tropical, however, many beaches are not safe for snorkeling due to currents/under currents.  So be sure to check the beach forcast before diving in.

Lise
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Kauai is also my travel agents favorite place. I have that down and Maui to go to while there. Understand it is beautiful and a must see island. hank you for the warning on the beaches.

Roxanne from Corpus Christi

Kauai, Hawaii

Lise
Thanks, that is the main island I am going to first.

Claudia from New York City
Hawaii has so much to offer. Here are some of the best snorkeling places in Hawaii:
Hale‘iwa Boat Harbor , North Shore Oahu - you'll find tiger sharks, sandbar sharks, Galapagos sharks, hammerheads and whale sharks too. You can go whale watching too.
Poipu Beach Park , south shore Kauai - a chance to see Humuhumunukunukuapua`a (Hawaiian state fish), blue parrotfish, and sea cucumbers. 
Turtle Town Dive Location and Maluaka Beach, south of Wailea Maui - the best place to see sea turtles. 
You can enjoy the best rates between mid-April to early June and September to early December. And if you like to see more than one island, Hawaiian Airlines offers multi-island vacation packages. Check out their rates.

Lise
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I will certainly add these to my list.