Frances
Newport Beach

Hawaii

Hotel for anniversary in Hawaii

My boyfriend and I are going to Hawaii to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. Any ideas about where to stay? Some place with a spa included would be ideal. 

Brew from Manhattan Beach

If you're staying in Kauai, check out  The St. Regis Princeville Resort Lobby has one of the best views in the world. Nicest option around Hanalei & Princeville, but pricey. Also look into  Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa. I actually prefer the north coast area (hanalei, princeville), but this might be my favorite hotel in the world. Great for families or couples. Live jazz at Stephenson's Library is the perfect way to end an evening. Love this place. If you're concerned about rain, this is where you want to stay... drier side of the island.

If you stay at The St. Regis, you have to go to Hideaways Beach.  This is a great, secluded beach between the Princeville Resort and the Puu Poa complex next to it. Between the St. Regis parking lot and the Puu Poa complex is a steep path that leads down to the beach. Secluded, beautiful, good snorkeling, etc. Well worth the steep hike down.   Lumahai Beach is another one of the many brilliant beaches on the north shore of Kauai.

Ke'e Beach is excellent for snorkeling if you go out the main lagoon area, follow the underwater canyon and hang a right and follow the reef. Tons of turtles normally in that area... often in the very shallow water over the reef.

The  Waimea Canyon State Park would be good for a day trip on the island. I recommend hiking the ridgeline trail for some great views over the Napali coast. 

For casual dining, check out  North Shore Grindz. This is the restaurant/cafe inside the North Shore General Store, which is the store at the Chevron station. Burgers, pizzas and Calzones. All good. And perfect for a takeaway lunch for the beach. Its basically at the Chevron station in the Princevile Shopping Center right off the main road.

For date night, check out  The Beach House. One of the better romantic spots on the island. On the south shore, not too far from the Hyatt in Poipu (if you stay there). On the water. Good food.

Roy's Poipu Bar & Grill is a good choice in the Poipu area. Setting isn't as good as the Beach House, but typical Roy's quality.

Kilauea Town Market is a great place to grab a sandwich to take to the beach (preferably Anini, which isn't too far away). Nice wine selection too.

1. The St. Regis Princeville Resort (hotel)
  2. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa (hotel)
  3. North Shore Grindz (restaurant)
  4. Waimea Canyon State Park (attraction)
  5. Lumahai Beach (attraction)
  6. Ke'e Beach (attraction)
  7. Roy's Poipu Bar & Grill (restaurant)
  8. Kilauea Town Market (restaurant)
  9. Hideaways Beach (attraction)
  10. The Beach House (restaurant)

Rachel from Los Angeles

If you're looking for a place with a spa, try the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai! Maybe one of the best spas I've been to -- I was there when I was pregnant and they had so many treatments just for me!

1. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (hotel)

Andrew from Minneapolis

I love Four Seasons hotels. They never disappoint. The Four Seasons Maui at Wailea location goes beyond all expectations.

If you'll be in Maui, the Paia Inn Hotel is great, too. Just out your door is a seculded white sand beach. Not relaxing enough? The cost of the rooms includes oceanfront yoga. Namaste.

1. Four Seasons Maui at Wailea (hotel)
  2. Paia Inn Hotel (hotel)

Madeline from Hawaii

There are six Hawaiian Islands that are made for romance. They are made with misty waterfalls, beautiful beaches, and thrilling adventures with amazing getaways! One is in the island of Lana'i, perfectly made for couples who are celebrating their love. Choose a villa for the both of you. And make sure to try snorkeling with colorful fishes, do some waterfalls tour and the most romantic part, the stargazing!

1. Lana'i (city)

Frances from Newport Beach

Wow, what great suggestions!!! We're actually not even really sure what island--we wanted to get some ideas and then figure it out! This is so great--thanks everyone!

Lauren from Los Angeles

The hotels in Hawaii are beautiful and it looks like paradise! I went on a drive and stopped at a lot of hotels to look at each one and they were all spectacular resorts. Especially in kauaii. One of my favoriates was The Bay Club at Waikoloa.

1. The Bay Club at Waikoloa (hotel)

Randi from Palo Alto

What island are you staying on? If you're in Kauai, check out the The St. Regis Princeville Resort. My husband and I stayed here for our "baby moon" - what a gorgeous incredible resort. Definitely worth it to spring for one of the ocean view suites. Paradise!

Soleil

I love the The St. Regis Princeville Resort in Kauai! While you're there, be sure to check out Queens Bath. I love it there!

If you need a good restaurant, Postcards Cafe is incredible!

For sight-seeing I'd go to Na'Pali Coast State Park and Hanalei Bay which are both beautiful!

2. Postcards Cafe (restaurant)
  3. Na'Pali Coast State Park (attraction)
  4. Hanalei Bay (metro area)
  5. Queens Bath (attraction)