Emily

Havana

Things to Do Havana

Hello- planning a self-guided trip to Havana for 4 or 5 days. Suggestion on cultural activities and places to eat are welcome!

Caroline from Chicago

I have been to Havana several times in recent years and would suggest visiting the Fusterlandia neighborhood, Callejon de Hamel on Sunday for the Santeria celebration and of course walk all the streets of Old Havana.  If you are there on a Wednesday night I would highly recommend visiting Corner Café late in the evening.  If you have time for a trip to Vinales I would recommend it for a bit of the country side!

1. Fusterlandia (attraction)
  2. Callejon de Hamel (attraction)
  3. Old Havana (attraction)
  4. Corner Café (restaurant)
  5. Vinales (city)

Lyn from Manhattan Beach

I was in Cuba in April 2015 on a tour, so most of my time was planned for me. Beyond the obvious - walking around Havana, the one thing I absolutely enjoyed was walking around the Hotel Nacional de Cuba. So full of historical photos, artifacts, and Just really interesting. If you have the time, a visit to a cigar factory is a real treat, but that would be out of town. A ride in one of the old cars was thrilling. I can't remember restaurant names, but you should try to eat at the privately-owned ones as opposed to the government-run ones - so, so much better. The US Embassy was not yet open when I was here, but that could also be interesting. I don't know if such a thing is available, but a guided tour of the highlights of Havana would be a good investment - just to be sure you hit the highlights - maybe in one of the old cars! The go back on your own to explore those things of real interest to you. I loved it - have fun!

1. Cuba (attraction)
  2. Havana (city)
  3. Hotel Nacional de Cuba (hotel)