Andrew

Havana, Cuba

Planning a trip to Havana in mid august, what to do and where to stay?

Looking for lodging area ideas. Airbnb vs Hotels? How cheap is it there? Looking for nicer areas without breaking the bank. Going for a week and would like to stay under $500 for lodging.

Things to do and trips to take from the city, beaches? I would like to stay in a beach town for 3 days and 2 nights. Going to be flying from Los Angeles to Cancun then to Havana. Using cubatravelusa.com for flight booking and tourists cards.

Yainet from Santiago de Cuba, Cuba

Hello Andrew

Private houses are cheaper than hotels, equally comfortable and even better.

Things to do: 

Beaches:

• In the same city  Playas del Este (15 minutes from the city , no public transport , better go by taxi and arrange a time for the return)
  • 3 hours by bus you can go to VaraderoVaradero, one of the best beaches in the Caribbean. The price of the bus 10 $

1. Old Havana (attraction)
  2. Plaza Vieja (restaurant)
  3. La Catedral de la Virgen María de la Concepción Inmaculada de La Habana (attraction)
  4. Malecón (attraction)
  5. Castillo de San Carlos de la Cabana (attraction)
  6. Varadero (city)

Lyn from Manhattan Beach

I agree with the prior writer. I stayed there in April and the hotel is beautiful and right on the Atlantic. It is Avery modern, business hotel. I had flashbacks to when I was working. Normally I would advise a particular, but you are definitely going to need air conditioning. It was sweltering in April. The National Hotel is gorgeous but old. Not sure about air conditioning there. That would be my first choice if weather were not a consideration, mainly for its history. Be sure to go there just to look around if you don't stay there.