Kelly
Breda

Kelly from Breda asked

Great restaurants in Hanoi?

I'm visiting Hanoi with three friends in two weeks and we would like to find some nice restaurants with Vietnamese food. If you have a recommendation please let me know. We are looking for some in the city centre.

Hanoi

Gina from Minneapolis

Cha Ca La Vong is certainly an iconic place in Hanoi, and Koto Restaurant is a cool concept. Personally, though, I don't much see the point in proper restaurants in Hanoi. You will literally be tripping over some of the world's best street food. If you really want to dig into specific locations for street food, start reading the blog Stickyrice (http://www.stickyrice.typepad.com/). But take my advice with a grain of salt—I prefer a gutter-side grill to white linen and stemware. :) I think you'll eat well in Vietnam no matter what you do (as long as it doesn't involve a hotel buffet)!

Justin
I second Cha Ca La Vong. I love that place. And I also agree about hitting the sidewalk places. Nothing makes a meal in Vietnam like a scooter zipping inches past your seat ... and I'm serious. It's fun!

1. Cha Ca La Vong (attraction)
  2. Koto Restaurant (restaurant)
Julian from Australia

I must say: Koto Restaurant , Hoa SữaBun Cha Dac Kim in Hang Than str & one restaurant at 72 Ma May str where a number of tourists gather (good food, nice atmosphere & reasonably priced)

Naco
yes,,this is a place where has many nice food in Vietnam. You can visit to Vietnam and enjoy it.

1. Koto Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Hoa Sữa (attraction)
  3. Bun Cha Dac Kim (restaurant)

In the Old Quarter, some of the streets are named after the things sold on them. That includes fun. Look for any place there that specializes in bun cha ha noi. That stuff is delicious.