Valerie

Hangzhou

What's the best neighborhood in Hangzhou for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Hangzhou and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Hangzhou is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

dawn from Hangzhou

hi, according to your question, i would recommond you some hotels for your visit.

1.Hangzhou Tianyuan Tower Hotel, which localed in the Wulin square.it's about 500 meters away from the metro station line although Hangzhou Metro is not suffice for you to go anywhere you want to(only two lines,1 and 4) ,It could help you to the railway station(both central station and the east one),Westlake,the ancient style area named HE FANG street. From this hotel, you could also have a cruise for the grand canal which have been canalised 1500 years ago.

2. All of the following hotels near to the West Lake:

Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou.(near the westlake and metro station)

Hyatt Regency Hangzhou.(in the Westlake scenic spot and near the metro station)

Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake (on the other side of  Westlake,near the central railway satation)

if you wanna have a trip focus on tea (Hangzhou is famous for the Longjing tea ), you can go to the west-southern Westlake area. it's not convenience for the first visitor to get there,but you could take a taxi or autobus.BTW, having a ride is also a good choice for this place. In this aera, you may found lots of hostel. if you wanna take a long vacation without interrupt or you wanna flee from the noisy city, those hostel would be a great choice.

1. Hangzhou Tianyuan Tower Hotel (hotel)
  2. West Lake (attraction)
  3. Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou (attraction)
  4. Hyatt Regency Hangzhou (attraction)
  5. Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake (attraction)

Zhao from Suining

西湖区is very very good.May you find some good hotels there."xihu" west lake is very beautiful.all lovers go there for a long long relationshio. 

1. 西湖区 (attraction)

Lily from Chengdu

Please check this hotel in Hangzhouhttp://www.qiyushangshe.com/

I enjoyed it very much,reasonable price with great location with tranquil tea garden

1. Hangzhou (attraction)