Drive      Fly      Stay      Login    Signup
Batta asked


Do I need a passport to travel from Guernsey to London airport LGW?

Guernsey (United Kingdom) London (United Kingdom)

2 Answers
answered by
Mary from Leicester
The Channel Islands are not part of the UK (they are Crown Dependencies) but, along with the Republic of Ireland and the Isle of Man, they are part of the Common Travel Area. 
There are no formal border checks within the CTA but whether you are flying or travelling by ferry you must have acceptable photographic ID. What type of ID is acceptable depends on the airline/ ferry company concerned.
ID requirements for airlines which serve the Channel Islands and Gatwick:
Aurigny (Scroll down to the 'Photographic ID' section.)
If you don't have acceptable ID you won't be able to fly or take the ferry. 

Comments (0)

answered first by
Kim from Birmingham (England)
You just need photographic ID as it is classed as an internal flight. Check with your airline to be sure what type of ID they will accept. 

Comments (1)

Thanks so much taking your time please
comments (1)

Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Drive   ·   Fly   ·   Airports   ·   Stay   ·   Search

Login   ·   About   ·   FAQ   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms