Guadalajara

What's the best neighborhood in Guadalajara for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Guadalajara and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Guadalajara is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Alexis from Guadalajara, Jalisco

Hi Katie!,

Well I personally recommend u to stay at the Hotel Ejecutivo Mexico Plaza Guadalajara, its 5 minutes to one of the main malls called Andares, also 10 minutes from another main mall called Galerías Guadalajara, the hotel its located in a small mall so you're going to be able to find Krispy Kreme, several nightclubs also one of the most important one, theres also Uber in Guadalajara so if you are a Uber user in your country you'll be able to use it there to, but be careful tho, there has been taxi drivers riots fighting against Uber service claiming that is an ilegal service and whatever.

Anyway good luck, i hope my answer was useful, have a nice trip.

1. Hotel Ejecutivo Mexico Plaza Guadalajara (hotel)
  2. Andares (attraction)
  3. Galerías Guadalajara (attraction)

Diego from Guadalajara, Mexico

Try looking for something around the Chapultepec area.  The neighborhood is great, the nightlife is good and it is close to the city center.

1. Chapultepec (attraction)

Andrea from Brescia

Colonia Americana and Chapultepec Country are really good spots, close to the center with many cafes and restaurants..A really good hotel is the Hotel Demetria close to Av. la Paz, Hotel Morales en calle Ramon Corona in the city centre..Other option is Airbnb..

1. Colonia Americana (attraction)
  2. Chapultepec Country (attraction)
  3. Hotel Demetria (hotel)
  4. Hotel Morales (hotel)