Guadalajara

What is your favorite restaurant in Guadalajara?

Heading to Guadalajara and I'm looking for the best restaurants to try while I'm visiting. Open to all types of food! What are your top places to eat?

Carolina from Miami

I agree with the restaurants that were said before.  I would also add if you want a unique and fun experience go to Santo Coyote we went there for my birthday a couple years back and it was amazing!  It was on the cheap side though.  Another place I would add is tomate TAQUERIA if you want some yummy authentic Mexican tacos, these are delicious!  Definitely try the "al pastor" tacos and all the salsas are amazing!  Enjoy!  Its such a beautiful city! 

1. Santo Coyote (restaurant)
  2. tomate TAQUERIA (restaurant)

hilario from Guadalajara

In Guadalajara you can find almost any kind of cusine, but I guess that you would like to try something Mexican, am I right? Well, you should try something like La Chata, or LA GORDA, they are not fancy places, just regular middle clar eateries where a local would take their family for a not every day Mexican dish. I say not every day dish, because what they sell are call "antojitos" which could be translated as "cravings", therefore these dishes are not prepared everyday at home. Should you want to try a fine Mexican cusine, try La Tequila Cocina Mexicana

1. La Chata (restaurant)
  2. LA GORDA (restaurant)
  3. La Tequila Cocina Mexicana (restaurant)

Margery

Hi Katie.

I worked in Guadalajara for about a year and we would go get dinner at least once a week at I LatinaDefinitely one of my favorite places, it has kind of a kitsch-y vibe but the food is so good (asian/fusion).

I would also recommend checking out VINCENT (at Andares) which is international food and LA DOCENA, also at Andares, for great seafood.

A very local not to miss spot is Karne Garibaldi, famous for their super fast service. Try the house special "Karne en su jugo", if you're not super tolerant to spicy food ask it without chile and do not hesitate on binging on the house beans.

1. I Latina (restaurant)
  2. VINCENT (restaurant)
  3. LA DOCENA (restaurant)
  4. Karne Garibaldi (restaurant)

Salvador from Mazatlán, Mexico

1. Karne Garibaldi (restaurant)

Diego from Guadalajara, Mexico

If you want to try authentic food and don´t mind eating meat you should try Tacos Juana small Taco Stand in Santa Tere.  It is not fancy at all but the taste is awesome and truly authentic.  They work from early morning till around 2 PM.

1. Tacos Juan (restaurant)