Chantal
Montreal

Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta

Help!

What are some must try restaurants and sights to see in Guadalajara and PV? I’m only in Guadalajara for 3 days and PV for 4. I’m interested in seeing as much as possible. Eating tacos for lunch and discovering authentic Mexican dinners. TIA

Diego from Guadalajara, Mexico
Hey Chantal! Hope you are doing good.  There are many good places to eat in Guadalajara.  My favorite spot all around is called Tacos Juan, they are street tacos that are usually open for breakfast-lunch, they have 3 or 4 spots all around.  If you want to try some local food, my best bet would be to visit Los Otates, it is a well priced, comfortable restaurant open for lunch, dinner and late dinner.  They have a good variety of typical dishes with good quality. If one of the nights you would like to go out for a fancier dinner I would recommend one of the options in Punto Sao Paulo, Andares or I Latina.
Regarding places to visit, if you only have 3 days I would recommend to try and cover the basics.  1 day downtown Guadalajara. 1 day visit Tlaquepaque and Tonala, and the final day I would visit Tequila town as well as one of the many Tequila factories there.  If you need any more help on how to get there, where to stay or anything else, let me know!  Hope you have a great trip and you enjoy our city.

Max from Puerto Vallarta
Bien venidos to Puerto Vallarta. You didn't mention when you were coming or the area where you are staying. The best area for visitors from Canada or the States is Old Town which is the area just south of El Centro (downtown). There are lots of activities and things to do. It is hot this time of year and will remain so thru the end of October, so hopefully, you will be coming a little later. Many restaurants closed during the summer for a while, but are pretty much all open now. 
There is a website www.vallartainfo.com which has a lot of information about everything happening in town. There is also an English newspaper called the Vallarta Tribune which is free at many places in Old Town and Centro. You can check it out at their website https://www.vallartatribune.com 
There is also a Yahoo group that you can join where locals share information about local activities at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Puerto_Vallarta_OldTown_SouthSide/info
If you are staying at an all-inclusive resort you are probably going to wind up in Nuevo Vallarta which is quite a distance from Centro in Puerto Vallarta. Those are the large resorts which are mostly all-inclusive and they will have a concierge on hand to help you with making plans.
Of course there are sites like Tripadvisor that have reviews, but if you want to meet locals and ask them questions about the area where you are staying and restaurants near you, your best bet is to head to Old Town where many of the Canadians and Americans live and meet local people who can listen to what you are looking for and give you information specific to what you are looking for.
By the way, it is very safe in Puerto Vallarta, but don't bring any expensive jewelry or be flashy. It is very casual here. Enjoy!