Tom
San Diego

Group activities

Coming to NYC with a group of 12 in November and we need a hotel as well as some ideas about what to do!

Hey, Tom--

I've got a couple of ideas for you--I used to work for an insurance company in the city and was responsible for organizing a lot of the events. See if any of these sound good to you. 

·         The Fitzpatrick Grand Central–our company had a meeting there and it was excellent. Very close to some great sights like the Carnegie Hall and Rockefeller Plaza.

·         The driving range at Chelsea Piers is fantastic—great group activity

·         Circle Line Cruisesboat tour of the city is touristy but well worth it.

·         Mud Sweat Tears Potteryis a really cool pottery studio on 10th ave. that you can rent out—not like those places where you just paint the pottery—you actually make your own pottery here

·         A helicopter tour of the city would be pretty great.

·         Union Hall in Park Slope. It’s a really fun, if somewhat contrived, bar/restaurant/bocce ball court that I know rents out for private events.

·         Coney Island–I’ve heard they’re a little behind as far as opening up for the season because of Hurricane Sandy, but you might want to consider a trip out to Coney Island. It’s not just rides—it’s Vaudeville shows and museums and even film festivals.

·         Brooklyn Botanic Garden–some great things going on here, especially this time of year.

·         The Gutter bowling alley in Brooklyn. I know they do private parties, too.

1. Chelsea Piers (attraction)
  2. Circle Line Cruises (attraction)
  3. Coney Island (attraction)
  4. Brooklyn Botanic Garden (attraction)
  5. The Fitzpatrick Grand Central (hotel)
  6. Mud Sweat Tears Pottery (attraction)
  7. Carnegie Hall (attraction)
  8. The Gutter (attraction)
  9. Union Hall (attraction)