Coming to NYC with a group of 12 in November and we need a hotel as well as some ideas about what to do!
I've got a couple of ideas for you--I used to work for an insurance company in the city and was responsible for organizing a lot of the events. See if any of these sound good to you.
· The driving range at Chelsea Piers is fantastic—great group activity
· Circle Line Cruisesboat tour of the city is touristy but well worth it.
· Mud Sweat Tears Potteryis a really cool pottery studio on 10th ave. that you can rent out—not like those places where you just paint the pottery—you actually make your own pottery here
· A helicopter tour of the city would be pretty great.
· Union Hall in Park Slope. It’s a really fun, if somewhat contrived, bar/restaurant/bocce ball court that I know rents out for private events.
· Coney Island–I’ve heard they’re a little behind as far as opening up for the season because of Hurricane Sandy, but you might want to consider a trip out to Coney Island. It’s not just rides—it’s Vaudeville shows and museums and even film festivals.
· Brooklyn Botanic Garden–some great things going on here, especially this time of year.
· The Gutter bowling alley in Brooklyn. I know they do private parties, too.
Mentioned in this answer: