Mike
North Carolina

Mike from North Carolina asked

Fun, family friendly activies for the holidays in Greensboro, NC?

I'm a transplant to the Greensboro, NC area and I'm looking for some fun holiday type activities to do this year. I'll have a toddler in tow, so family friendly stuff would top the list.

I'm looking for things like Christmas parades, outdoor ice skating rinks, places to go sledding, areas with good Christmas light displays, ect...

Greensboro (North Carolina)

Jen from Greensboro

Drive around the Sunset Hills neighborhood of Greensboro. The entire place is lit up with Christmas balls hanging up in the trees. Google 'sunset hills greensboro christmas' and you should get an idea.

Sounds nice, Jen! I love festive neighborhoods! By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the neighborhood in your answer on a map! In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer :)

1. Sunset Hills (attraction)
Liv from Cape Cod

Yes! There's something called the Downtown Winterfest that goes on all month in Downtown. It's basically just a big winter festival with ice skating, some themed events. Here's the link so you can read a bit more about it: http://www.piedmontwinterfest.com

Also, if you like skating, the U.S. Figure Skating Championships are being held in Greensboro next year--here's the link to that, too: http://www.northcarolina2015.com  

1. Downtown (attraction)