Peter
Bloomington (Indiana)

Peter from Bloomington (Indiana) asked

Is it a good idea to go to Greece now?

Obvious assumptions with Greece in crisis: Greece is as beautiful as it ever was and prices are down, if you're willing to do essentially everything in cash and to carry lots of Euros. This ought to be an ideal time to go, especially if you feel solidarity with the Greek people. Am I missing something? Why would one not want to go to Greece now?

Greece

Anne from Durham, North Carolina

I have just returned from a trip to the Greek Isles (Mykonos, Corfu, Santorini , Katakolo).  Everything was fabulous.  I had no problem getting money from my ATM or charging purchases with my credit card. Definitely help to support the Greek economy by visiting. You won't be sorry!

1. Mykonos (city)
  2. Corfu (city)
  3. Santorini (island)
  4. Katakolo (city)
Natasa from Athens

Hello Peter!

You are absolutely right! Greek beaches and Greek sun are not in crisis! I totaly agree with you and I keep telling people that things here in Greece are not the way media present it in the news. Greek people are going through difficult times but they have not lost their warm smile. Especially in the islands tourists are having a great time! I have written an article and create a video with the title Why everyone should plan vacation in Greece during economic crisisIt might be helpful for everyone who is thinking of visiting Greece...

Lawrence from Washington

Yes! It's a great time to visit Greece. I am in the middle of my own Greek vacation and have nothing but wonderful experiences to report. It's a good idea to have more cash on hand but it's still possible to pay by credit card in many places. There's no crisis with the sun and sea; I can guarantee that!