Alecia
Kailua Kona

Greece

Ideas on things to do for Greece trip in September?

I have a trip to greece planned for 2 weeks in the first part of September. 3 days each for Athens, Santorini, Mykonos and Crete. I like to see and do as much as possible when vacationing, so looking for any advice on things to do. Will be traveling with a girlfriend that also likes to have fun, both in our early 30s. Thanks!

Natasa from Athens

Hello Alecia!

In Athens you should visit Plaka, the most historical and traditional neighborhood of Athens...the best place to eat is Kuzina RestaurantIn Santorini you will have a lot of fun at Oia, this place has a lot of nice bars to enjoy a cocktail while watching the spectacular view.. In Mykonos you can enjoy beautiful walks at island's picturesque streets, inside the town of Mykonos. The best place to enjoy the beach and good food is Ornos Beach, where they have large sunbeds at the beach and great service!

Crete is a very large island! I have been to Crete last summer for a month! That is the only way to explore the whole island...If you stay for a few days I would recommend to stay at Chania because it is the most scenic and charming town of Crete or you can stay at Rethymno where there are hotels and rooms for rent right opposite the beach...

Hope you ll have a fantastic time in Greece!

1. Plaka (neighborhood)
  2. Kuzina Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Oia (city)
  4. Ornos Beach (attraction)
  5. Chania (attraction)
  6. Rethymno (city)

Valerie from Los Angeles

In Santorini1800 Restaurant is a must. Some of the best places I went to eat were in Imerovigli, lots of cute little places around there!

Head over to Oia for that picturesque view. Way beautiful.  

Boutari Winery was a fun day thing to do

Red beach was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l

1. Santorini (island)
  2. 1800 Restaurant (attraction)
  3. Imerovigli (attraction)
  4. Oia (city)
  5. Boutari Winery (attraction)
  6. Red beach (attraction)