Yuan Elsa Lioni
Indonesia

Greece

Beautiful, Paradise Places in Greece?

Hi, I come from Indonesia with full curiosity about Greece. I love Greece more than anything. I felt interested in Greece  after I read Percy Jackson books. I fell in love with the God and Goddess mythology and I want to know more about them and the places where they came from in Greece. 

So who knows Greece? Any tips for a new traveler to Greece? What is the most beautiful place there?

Thanks in advance.

Anna from Athens

Now to say that there is a single place in Greece that is the most beautiful would be a lie. It all goes down to personal preferences and aesthetics and what type of vacation you seek.

It's true that Athens and Santorini get the most visitors. Santorini is famous for its view and sunset (on one side of the island where the volcano was). You can see some photos and tips on my blog here: http://aspectsofstyle.com/2014/07/23/a-quick-guide-to-santorini/

If you're interested in history Athens and Crete (especially Knossos) are the ideal places.

Now for that paradise quality there are a few places I can think of: one is Elafonisi in Crete. It has turquoise shallow water and pinkish sand (you can find some photos on my blog here: http://aspectsofstyle.com/2013/09/17/crete/), second is Elafonisos in the Peloponese. Again nice turquoise water and sandy beaches, third Milos which is a volcanic island where each beach is unique (and it has many of them), fourth Lefkada, where one of the top 10 beaches worldwide is: porto katsiki and last (but not least as there are many more) Gaios (Paxoi and Antipaxoi islands).

1. Athens (city)
  2. Santorini (island)
  3. Crete (island)
  4. Knossos (city)
  5. Elafonisi (island)
  6. Elafonisos (city)
  7. Milos (attraction)
  8. Lefkada (attraction)
  9. porto katsiki (hotel)
  10. Gaios (city)

Natasa from Athens

Hello! Well, there are plenty of beautiful places to visit in Greece. If you visit Greece at summer you should visit Mykonos and Santorini
About your interest of ancient Gods, you can visit the temple of Poseidon at SounioAcropolis of Athens is the most famous temple dedicated to goddess Athena. You can also visit Ancient Olympia and Mycenae

If you visit Greece in the winter you should visit MetsovoMeteora and Zagori. At the top of my answer you ll see photos of above three locations!

Hope I helped!

1. Mykonos (city)
  2. Santorini (island)
  3. Sounio (city)
  4. Acropolis of Athens (attraction)
  5. Ancient Olympia (attraction)
  6. Mycenae (attraction)
  7. Metsovo (city)
  8. Meteora (attraction)
  9. Zagori (region)

Alikn from Montreal

Athens for 2-3 days is a must to see ParthenonNational Archaeological MuseumMonastiraki, etc. If you are looking for a classical Greek experience, go to Icaria, it's very must reminiscent of the way Greece was in the 70s and few tourists. Santorini is of course one of the most beautiful places and you must stay in a hotel on the inside of the cliffs (Imerovigli or around), but budget options are on the other side where the beaches are. Crete is a must for at least one week.

Enjoy !

1. Parthenon (attraction)
  2. National Archaeological Museum (attraction)
  3. Monastiraki (attraction)
  4. Icaria (attraction)
  5. Santorini (island)
  6. Imerovigli (attraction)
  7. Crete (island)

Lauren from Toronto

When I visited Greece I went to Athens, Santorini and Rhodes. I loved each of them! Rhodes was really cool as it isn't as popular of an island like Santorini is so it was very different. Also, make sure to try all the food because it is delicious. 

1. Athens (city)
  2. Santorini (island)
  3. Rhodes (city)