Zeina
Amman, Jordan

Greece

7 nights in Greece, what are the best islands to visit?

My husband and I are planning to go to Greece for 7 nights end of July . We will be arriving and departing through Athens and don't want to spend a lot of time commuting. Any advice on the best islands to stay in ? Accommodation on a budget? Currently the plan is 3 nights Mykonos 3 nights in Paros and 1 night in Athens but we are open to suggestions! Thank you Trippy Friends!

Katrina from South Australia

I agree with Jacey - it would be a real shame to miss Santorini! You could do 2 nights in each of the islands... Paros would also be one of my picks, it's more quaint in its charm and a keeper on any Greece itinerary! If you'd prefer only two islands I'd select Santorini over Mykonos for it's beautiful views over the caldera and awesome roof top restaurants over looking the ocean. Mykonos does however have the beaches, but for scenery Santorini has more to offer in my opinion :-) You will have a ball wherever you decide to go!

1. Santorini (island)
  2. Paros (attraction)
  3. Mykonos (city)

Hello Zeina!  In my humble opinion, I think any island trip to Greece is incomplete without some time in Santorini.  Truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.  I would highly recommend staying in Oia.  It will attract a lot of day trippers, but since no cars are allowed along the main tourist area, it is much more quiet than Fira, which is where the cruise ships tenders come in. The sunset is great and the nights are fantastic.  I have stayed several times at Delfini Villas.  The owner, Reina, is charming, the privacy is wonderful and the rooms are very affordable for the area and what you get with this lodging option.  And if you don't want to spend a lot of time commuting, I would highly suggest flying from Athens to your chosen destinations.  Sure, it will be more expensive, but the time you save over a weeks is more than worth it.  Safe travels!

1. Greece (country)
  2. Santorini (island)
  3. Oia (city)
  4. Delfini Villas (hotel)

maria from Ierapetra

Hello! I think that you should check out these islands:Santorini, Mykonos (its kinda expensive but is a really beautiful place), Zakynthos, Kos, Naxos and Samos! Personally i cant choose they are all soo beautiful.Check them and you can see what you like most

1. Santorini (island)
  2. Mykonos (city)
  3. Zakynthos (attraction)
  4. Kos (city)
  5. Naxos (city)
  6. Samos (city)