Marcia asked

Nearest place to stay for visiting Grand Canyon

We want to be no more than 2 hours from Grand Canyon so what town should we be looking at for accommodation?

Grand Canyon National Park

The best place to stay at the Grand Canyon is in the park itself.  If you can't get a reservation in the park, use Google maps to find a place that is nearby.

Hazel
l have not stayed in the Park, so l cannot refer someone, l researched it before and it looks great if the rsvp is made early.

I stayed in the park but it was some time ago. In order to stay in any of the very popular parks you have to make the reservation as soon as they open up which is usually about a year in advance · (1 like)

Takbir

Las Vegas. Take the bus tour from there or Fly over it with Papillion Helicopter tours.

Was that the heliocopter tour place that just crashed in the Canyon?

Hazel
yes but they have done millions of tours over the years. Not sure investigation is complete. There are several companies that fly over, l just have experience with Papillion so I cannot verify the others.

Over the years there have been crashes - maybe not a lot but it is an ongoing problem. I think it is no longer possible to do such a tour from the park itself as it is considered too hazardous. So I myself would not recommend that as an option.

1. Las Vegas (city)