Marcos
Sao Paulo

Marcos from Sao Paulo asked

Grand Canyon Tours, which one to visit?!

Hello guys,

I am going to Vegas and I really want to make a tour to the Grand Canyon region.

I received some brochures with some tours and I would like to know which one do you think is the best: Grand Canyon West, South, or North? Are the helicopter tours better?

Is it also worth visiting?

• Zion & Bryce
  • Red Rock Canyon
  • Black Canyon River Rafting
  • Valley of Fire
  • Hoover Dam (and Lake Mead Cruise)
  • Death Valley

Tks in advance!!

Grand Canyon National Park (Arizona)   Nevada (NV)   Las Vegas (Nevada)   Arizona (AZ)

Emily from United Kingdom

Definitely do the Grand Canyon South rim! It is the view that you imagine when you think grand canyon. The west has the skywalk but it is really just a deep gorge there are no panoramic canyon views (although it is still very cool just not the CLASSIC movie-esque view) and the north (I believe) is not technically even in the Grand Canyon National Park. Although don't quote me on that! I did a day bus tour from Vegas to the South and please take my advice and don't do that!! I ran out of time so was forced to so I'm glad I did it at all but it needs so much longer - the drive is long and it was a pretty grim day overall. For this reason I would say the helicopter tour would be so much better if you have the budget although I don't know which rim they go to? Plus you would get amazing views! Hoover Dam was pretty cool but we didn't stay there we just drove past it and I would LOVE to visit Death Valley National Park - you should do that! 

Marcos
Tks a lot!

Ethan from Franklinton

Hello Marcos, I lived in the Las Vegas area about 13 years. If you are thinking about which casinos to visit, I highly recommend the Bellagio Hotel, or a walk of the entire strip! you can see most of the casinos in a few hours. As for the Grand Canyon, I have never visited so I don't have any advice. But I do highly recommend Zion Canyon and the Hoover Dam! They are truly incredible. Red Rock is also very nice, but it's not as great as Zion in my opinion. Anyways, have a great trip!

1. Bellagio Hotel (hotel)
  2. Zion Canyon (attraction)
  3. Hoover Dam (attraction)
  4. Red Rock (attraction)