Sarah
Sydney

Grand Canyon National Park

Best place to stay at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon?

My boyfriend and I are visiting the states in May-July this year and are staying in Las Vegas for 4 nights. After doing a bit of research, we have come to the conclusion it might be better to spend a night at the Grand Canyon rather than travel so far in 1 day. Any recommendations for accommodation at the Grand Canyon? Wanting to see the South Rim only. Looking to spend around $200USD for the night (if possible). Any Helicopter Tour recommendations either? Thanks in advance!

joel from Manchester (Connecticut)

I have hiked the canyon several times and always used Flagstaff as a,starting point. A bit of a drive but if your up real early, there are incredible colors as the sun rises on the Kaibab plateau as you drive in.

1. Flagstaff (city)

You are probably correct that it would be better to spend a night in the park rather than driving back and forth, but It is probably too late to get a place to stay in the park, which would be the best option. 

You can get a helicopter tour from Las Vegas - my daughter did that, but I don't have direct experience to make a recommendation of a particular company.