Naina
New Delhi

Goa

Solo tripping across Goa - Suggestions needed!

Hi everyone,

I would be visiting Goa for a week next month. It is going to be a solo travel and I definitely would be on a budget trip. Hence, staying in a hostel in North Goa. So far my only agenda is to explore the beaches, countryside and guzzle down a beer or two on the way.

Please do share what all can be done and seen. And yes, I can't ride a scooty!

Thanks in advance!

Naina

Akash from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Arambol and Candolim . Much better beaches than the crowded calungute and baga . 

1. Arambol (city)
  2. Candolim (city)

Sheena from Pune, Maharashtra

Candolim Beach is one of the few nice, clean beaches in North Goa. If you don't mind the overcrowded touristy beaches you can go to Baga Beach or Calangute. Quite a bit of street shopping you can do on the Baga stretch and is also home to the many "must see" night clubs - Titos Club Cafe Mambos

If you can, the Saturday night flea markets is a lot of fun. Anjuna also has a Wednesday night flea market that you could visit. Both flea markets only operate during season. 

1. Candolim Beach (attraction)
  2. Baga Beach (attraction)
  3. Calangute (city)
  4. Titos Club (attraction)
  5. Cafe Mambos (attraction)
  6. Anjuna (city)

Scott from Chicago

I can help you out on the beer front.  If you want a beer, then don't miss Heidi's Beer Garden. Great little outdoor place where you're sure to meet cool people!

1. Heidi's Beer Garden (restaurant)

Anish

It good to see that you have well planed. You are staying in North Goa  hence you can visit Velha GoaCalanguteCandolimVagator and have full riding enjoyment. Since due to rain beaches are not ready to serve the customer hence you will not able to enjoy the beaches life. I must say while traveling by   2 wheeler keep all papers like D/L, vehicle papers, helmet with you and check the condition of the vehicle.

1. North Goa (region)
  2. Velha Goa (city)
  3. Calangute (city)
  4. Candolim (city)
  5. Vagator (city)