Leslie
Belfast

Glasgow

Moderately priced rustic hotels

I'm going to be visiting some mates in Glasgow so I'm in search of a place to stay.  They live in the center of the city and I was hoping to find a nice rustic hotel around there that isn't too expensive.  Thank you!

Grace from London

Hi Leslie,

You might like the Hotel Du Vin in the West End of Glasgow. It's a gorgeous five-star boutique hotel that sits in a Victorian Terrace and features a restaurant offering seasonal local food and traditional afternoon tea.

The hotel's style is rustic but luxurious, think lots of leather and wood, antiques mixed with modern pieces. It's about a fifteen-minute taxi ride from Glasgow Central Rail Station.

Or, if you feel like getting a taste of what it is like to live in Glasgow, what about renting a place through AirBnB or similar? This boutique flat in the heart of Glasgow has a homely rustic feel and many positive reviews, or this stunning apartment in a similar style that may even make your friends envious... 

Finally, a bit of a wildcard option: 15 Glasgow is a boutique 5-star hotel in the centre of town featured in The Times' coolest places to stay and has some incredibly chic rooms.

1. Hotel Du Vin (hotel)
  2. 15 Glasgow (hotel)

Elizabeth from Ottawa

I've not stayed here, but I recommended Cathedral House Hotel to friends and they gave great reviews all round.  Next trip to I am definitely giving it a try.  We did eat in the pub and the food was awesome!  The other great place was the Old Schoolhouse, but I see it is closed - too bad,  My one other recommendation is to stay far far far away from Charing Cross Guest house - stay away away away. 

1. Cathedral House Hotel (hotel)