Shannon
Helmsley

Geneva

Best things to see and do in and around Geneva?

I'm going to be au pairing in Switzerland for a couple of months, close to Geneva. I'd appreciate any recommendations on places to see and things to do both in the daytime and evening, ideally that won't require having to spend loads. Relevant blog posts are welcome!

Maria Jose from Strasbourg

If you are 25 or less get a voie 7 card. It's only about 300 chf and you get free train travel after 7pm and half off every other ticket within Switzerland. 

There's loooads to see and do.

One of the things I recommend is going to Gruyères in Fribourg, visit Maison Caillernearby and go to a désalpe. I wrote about it here on my blog

Then I'd say definitely go to Montreux. Winter time's is my favorite there, it has a massive Christmas market AND the Château de Chillonwill probably have a medival festival going on. 

Lausanne and Nyon are not to be missed.  

You might also want to go to Zurich

,  Zermatt
AnnecyYvoireInterlakenThunBernLucerne as well. I've fallen in love with Switzerland it's my absolute favorite destination :) 

Also, there's an Au pair group in Nyon and they organize cheap stuff for girls it's called Link Au pair Geneva. 

first Sundays of every month museums in Geneva are free so take advantage of that! a visit to CERN is free and quite interesting. 

1. Maison Cailler (attraction)
  2. Montreux (city)
  3. Château de Chillon (attraction)
  4. Lausanne (city)
  5. Nyon (city)
  6. Zurich (city)
  7. Zermatt (city)
  8. Annecy (city)
  9. Yvoire (city)
  10. Interlaken (city)
  11. Thun (city)
  12. Bern (city)
  13. Lucerne (city)
  14. CERN (attraction)

Linda

check out spotted by locals dot com