Elijah
Moscow

Elijah from Moscow asked

The best things to see in Gdansk!?

Hey!

I'll happen to be in Gdansk for 2 days but with a gap of three days. It'll be my first time in Poland. And if i'm happen to be there I want to see as much as possible! 

I'm not a fan of museums or any exhibition (especially when i'm only for one day) but I'm more of an architecture-lover. I enjoy just watching the city surroundings. 

I know i'll find many articles about must-see places in Gdansk, but I want to know something special which locals love but tourists don't pass by that often. 

I'll be very glad for the answer!

Gdansk (Poland)   Poland

Antoine from Paris

Golden Gate and Old Town Centre are a must. A great restaurant to try is Goldwasser. Right on the water and great food. 

1. Golden Gate (attraction)
  2. Old Town Centre (attraction)
  3. Goldwasser (restaurant)
Gracjan

Having driven in Poland, I recommend you only rent a car in Gdansk for travel outside Gdansk. Having a car is a pain in cities (navigation with few street signs, deciphering parking regulation signs, traffic congestion). 
If we talk about attractions in the city itself. Well to be honest there is quite a lot of them. Thus it might be a good idea to visit a site which is a guide of traveling in Gdańsk: http://visitgdansk.com/weekends-in-gdansk . Have fun!