Stanley
Butte

Galapagos

Best places to see penguins in March

I'll be visiting the Galapagos Islands with my girlfriend in March and she loves penguins so I think it would a nice surprise to add that to our itinerary.  I hear that you can snorkel with them, so if there's a place specifically for that, that would be great.  I'm not sure exactly where we'll be staying yet, but we'd like to hop around, so if there are multiple places that are great for penguins, we're all ears. Thanks!

Katherine from Newton (Iowa)

You will love the Galapagos Islands.    .  We did see penquins.. however did not snorkel with them.. We did get to snorkel with the sea lions, turtles many other fish.   I booked with Friendly Travel  agency and could not have asked for better arrangements.  We stayed in the Red Mangrove Aventura Lodge facilities doing a "land based" trip.. moving from one island to the next, but staying on the islands instead of a ship.  Would go again in a heart beat.  It is a wonderful trip!!

1. Red Mangrove Aventura Lodge (hotel)

Smantha from Ecuador

They are found mainly around the westernmost islands, where particularly cool currents keep water temperatures low. They can be seen in several places (around Pinnacle Rock) but breed only on Isabela Island and Fernandina Island. Apart from penguins you can also see the Flightless cormorant and frigate bird.

Here check Galapagos animals where you can have look about the animals of Island including with penguins.

1. Pinnacle Rock (attraction)
  2. Isabela Island (hotel)
  3. Fernandina Island (attraction)

Smantha from Ecuador

You can enjoy snorkeling with penguins in March and April, the best place would be Isabela Island. At the same time green sea turtle eggs begin to hatch and land iguana eggs hatch on Isabela.

To visit Galapagos Islands there is no such time as good or bad, you can enjoy in Galapagos any season as weather conditions are good for visitors every time. Galapagos is really a very beautiful place to see amazing sea animals.

Update: 

I have just seen a great work by Google:

"Modern day 3d mapping expedition"

http://naturegalapagos.com/blog/discover-exotic-animal-species-galapagos-modern-day-mapping-expedition/

It is an amazing link to explore the world in Different but advanced way.

Hope you like the link.

1. Isabela Island (hotel)