Spencer

Gaiole in Chianti, Siena, Florence

Bike Tour or Bike Rental?

My fiance and I are staying in Gaiole in Chianti next month for our Honeymoon and we are trying to decide between booking a bike tour or just renting bikes ourselves and finding our own way. 

Any advice? Do you have suggestions for a do-it-yourself tour? Or do you know a great bike tour company that would pick us up from our hotel?

Caterina from Florence

Hello Spencer, unfortunately I don't know any bike tour company in Gaiole but if I were you I would go straight to the Tourist Office (address Via Ricasoli, 18 telephone (+39) 0577-749411 e-mail ufficioturistico@comune.gaiole.si.it ) and rent a bike there. Since you are staying in Gaiole, I recommend you the Brolio Castle and here is a post I personally wrote after visiting Gaiole, Radda in Chianti and Castellina in Chianti with a friend of mine a couple of years ago http://www.inyourtuscany.com/en/itinerari.php?id=100 ... Have a very good time in Chianti ;-)

1. Gaiole (attraction)
  2. Radda in Chianti (city)
  3. Castellina in Chianti (city)