Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Fredericksburg (Texas) for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Fredericksburg (Texas) and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Fredericksburg (Texas) is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Fredericksburg (Texas)

Paul from San Antonio, Texas

Fredericksburg is such a small place that staying anywhere on the main street (there's only one) will allow you to visit and enjoy all that Fredericksburg has to offer. I've personally stayed at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company, which has lodging in the "old west" boarding style. Aside from staying in town, you can also choose to stay at one of the vineyards, which are about 20 minutes outside Fredericksburg. Becker Vineyards is a great option for going this route. Either way, I'm sure you'll really enjoy this great area of Texas. There's so much great food, beer, and wine (especially with a German twist), local produce (peaches are in season during May - August), and amazing local craftsmanship for purchasing gifts for friends. Have fun.