Courtney

Frankfurt

Attractions in Frankfurt?

Taking a very quick detour from my trip to Berlin to see Frankfurt. I only plan on being there for about a day so I need to be choosy about what I see. If there are major monuments that really need to be seen I'd like to know, but other than that, I'm more of an out-of-the-way kind of gal. 

Bekah from Los Angeles

There are so many hidden treasures to be found in Frankfurt. Check out the museums, the restaurants, the skyline... definitely spend some time here during a Germany trip.

Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof is a breath-taking train station that you might even come in on if you're taking the train (Ahh, the high speed ICE train. Nothing like zipping between cities at rapid speed). And the station itself smells of pastry. Heavenly.

Cider Taverns in Sachsenhausen is a fun area to get lost in, especially when hunting for the Frau Rauscher fountain. What you'll learn upon finding her -- she spits.

One of my favorite places to eat is  Holbein's. Set inside the Städel Museum, this restaurant is ideal for catching some sun over lunch on the terrace. Highly recommend the juices named after celebs (Paul Newman, Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts). The express lunch hamburger was delicious, too!

Romberg Square is amazing. Talk about history! Didn't mind the rainstorm whilst taking in Romberg Square's Fountain of Justice. Would like to have had access to the row of 15th and 18th century houses. Discovered some Roman bath ruins just steps off the square. Definitely explore off the beaten path.

1. Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (attraction)
  2. Cider Taverns in Sachsenhausen (attraction)
  3. Holbein's (restaurant)
  4. Städel Museum (attraction)