Chris
Denver

Frankfurt, Amsterdam

8 days in April flying into Frankfurt, GA; what other cities should I see?

Trying to put together a good trip for a single 45 yr old.  I fly into Frankfurt but fly back to Amsterdam eight days later.  Would like to spend a couple of days in each city and then move on to another city.  Other than starting in Frankfurt and ending in Amsterdam, I have no limitations.  What other cities should I see?

Ruth from Stillorgan

Hi Chris, you should definitely go to Berlin if you can, great city with a lot of interesting history and things to see.   

1. Berlin (city)

Manon from Brussels

You should definitely try Den Haag, Delft, Utrecht or Leiden. Both cities are typical dutch, look alike with the channels, and way less touristic then Amsterdam. The Hague is also known for the supreme court, and its the seat of the Dutch Government. Utrecht is in the middle of Holland. Utrecht, Delft and Leiden are all tree studentcities with beautifull channels and lovely places where you can take a coffee or lunch. Good luck!

1. Den Haag (city)
  2. Delft (city)
  3. Utrecht (city)
  4. Leiden (city)

I'm a big fan of Cologne as well, and it would be along a rather direct route.  Brussels is lovely as well and might just take you out of route by only a few hours.  You could even through in Antwerp on your way north to Amsterdam from there or Liege on your way to Brussels.

1. Cologne (city)
  2. Brussels (city)
  3. Antwerp (city)
  4. Liege (city)

Mandy from Berlin

Yes, Berlin is a must! Cologne is another nice city worth visiting, also Hamburg

And since I'm from that area, I always recommend Dresden and Leipzig. Beautiful cities with lots of history.

1. Berlin (city)
  2. Cologne (city)
  3. Hamburg (attraction)
  4. Dresden (attraction)
  5. Leipzig (city)

Kiarna from Townsville, Queensland

Berlin is amazing. I would really recommend it. It is such a beautiful city. One of my favourite places! 

1. Berlin (city)

Brady from Manhattan Beach

You must visit Maastricht in The Netherlands. It is an amazing historic and bustling city in the south of The Netherlands. Great shopping, food, architecture and history. You won't be disappointed. 

1. Maastricht (city)

Jerry from United States

Check out Berlin, then do a day trip to Potsdam, to visit Sanssouci Palace (just 40 mins by train away). Cologne as the others mentioned, which allows you to get a direct train to Brussels as well.

1. Berlin (city)
  2. Potsdam (city)
  3. Sanssouci Palace (attraction)
  4. Cologne (city)
  5. Brussels (city)

Jacqui from London

Hi Chris, 

Amsterdam is awesome, you should spend at least 3 days there to take it all in. And April is a great time of year - do you collide with Kings day or tulip season? Kings day is a hectic sea of orange. You can hire a bike and ride out to the tulip fields! 

This is my guide to Amsterdam: http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/tips-for-exploring-amsterdam/

If you want to stop in a city en route, Brussels is lovely. 

Berlin is a little out of the way, but such an awesome city to check out for 3 days for culture, modern history and good German food : http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/berlin/ 

But from Frankfurt you could get a very cheap flight to so many other places in Europe!  ItalySpainLatvia Parisare a few destinations you could get cheap flights under £50 each way. Check out goEuro.com for prices on the dates you are going. 

If you have not been yet, Paris is amazing. And you can catch the train to Amsterdam in a few hours. Guide to Paris: http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/paris-2/

There are so many options! 

Have an awesome time. 

J

1. Amsterdam (city)
  2. Brussels (city)
  3. Berlin (city)
  4. Frankfurt (city)
  5. Italy (country)
  6. Spain (country)
  7. Latvia (country)